INSTALLATION PROCESS WITH A PC, NOT FOR MAC COMPUTERS – PLEASE DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER AS YOUR BROWSER, ONLY FIREFOX OR CHROME.
Step by step guide for installing the channel app on your ROKU streaming player with your PC (NO CHANNEL CODE REQUIRED):
1. First, we must make sure that the developer mode is enabled on the ROKU player.
To enable developer mode, press the following combination of keys on your
ROKU remote: Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right.
2. The “Developer Settings” screen will appear.
Select “Enable installer and restart” and press “OK”.
The password selection screen appears, type the password “12345” (without the quotes)
using the on-screen keyboard, then select “Set password and reboot”.
The ROKU player will reboot with developer mode enabled.
3. Download and save the AppLoader application and unzip the file to any
folder on your computer. (Remember the location that you save this on your computer)
4. Run the application downloaded in step 3 (your browser or Windows
may warn you that the application file is from an unknown publisher,
just press “Run”). The loader application requires .NET framework 4.0.
Most modern Windows versions include it by default,
if you get a message saying that the .NET framework is not installed,
download it from the following link and install it,
then run the loader application again:
You may also need to disable smart firewall or the auto-protect if you have norton antivirus in order to make this work and install properly. A firewall may not allow you to complete step 5 so please disable for the install process.
5. Now, fill out the information on the AppLoader application fields:
ROKU Hostname or IP: Here you will enter your ROKU player’s IP address.
To see it, go to the “Settings->System->About” page in your ROKU player,
the IP address will be to the right of the “IP address” field
(four numbers separated by dots, similar to this: 192.168.1.100).
Port: This should be left as it is (default value is 80).
Username: This should be left as it is (default value is rokudev).
Password: Here you should enter the password that was defined in step 2: “12345”
(without the quotes)
App PKG File: Here you will select the .pkg file included in the AppLoader,
by clicking on the button with the triple dots.
6. Only after all of the above information is filled out the “Load” button will be enabled.
Click on it to load the application.
If any error occurs you will see a message box and loading will not be completed,
if that happens review the information filled out in step 5 and try again.
7. If the application is loaded successfully, you should see the progress bar fill to 100%
and then return to 0% showing “Ready” and the channel app will load on-screen.
8. VERY IMPORTANT, we must make sure that the developer mode remains enabled on the ROKU player.
Return to the Develloper screen by doing
and click on Reset Password, and choose your own 5 digit password but do not use 12345. It is very important that you do not disable installer.
9. Next we will need you to click on the PixTV icon on the Roku home screen on your TV and send us back the ACTIVATION CODE on your TV screen by email to email@example.com.
10. You’re done.